Copiah-Lincoln Agricultural High School was established in the fall of 1915 in Wesson, Mississippi, through the joint efforts of Copiah and Lincoln counties. In 1928, the agricultural high school grew to become Copiah-Lincoln Junior College (General Laws of Mississippi, Sec. 308, Chapter 283). Additional supporting counties were added including Simpson (1934), Franklin (1948), Lawrence (1965), Jefferson (1967), and Adams (1971). A facility located in Natchez had its early beginnings in 1972 with legislative action establishing it as a campus in 1975. A similar facility in Simpson County had its beginnings in 1997 and was built on Sixteenth Section Land in Mendenhall in 2005. In 1988, the board renamed the college Copiah-Lincoln Community College in recognition of the broad mission of the institution. The college has an annual enrollment of over 3,000 students, as well as 60 buildings and 525 acres of land.